The sixth East African Astronomical Society (EAAS) workshop will be held from 20-22 May 2021 at University of Dodoma (UDOM), Dodoma, Tanzania. The main objectives of the EAAS workshop are to promote and enhance the development of Astronomy in East Africa region, to create a platform in networking young and senior scientific communities so as to share their research findings as well as experiences. Consequently, the workshop provides an opportunity to establish regional and international collaboration in research, supervision and teaching of astronomy across the region. Prior to the EAAS workshop, the East Africa School of Astronomy (EA-SA) will provide training for undergraduate and postgraduate students pursuing programs related to Astronomy ahead of EAAS workshop. A total of 120 Participants are expected to attend the EAAS workshop of which 30 participants are young career researchers who are attending the EA- SA school.
The Objective of EAAS workshop
- To discus on recent developments of scientific research outputs of Astronomy at regional level.
- To create an avenue for networking and sharing of experiences amongst young scientific researchers and experienced researchers in the areas of astronomy and space science.
- To promote and enhance the development of Astronomy in East Africa region and across Africa.
- To impart relevant knowledge to students and create opportunities for further research in Astronomy and Astrophysics
- To establish and strengths international and regional collaboration in research, supervision and teaching of Astronomy in the region.